Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's Back!!!!

The thrill of the grass is back in Cardinal country

The Cardinal banner says it all past and present

WARNING: YOU ARE ENTERING CARDINAL COUNTRY.

"People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Hall of Famer Rogers Hornsby, St Louis Cardinals, 2B

The calendar says it still winter...same goes for Punxsutawney Phil. But I got news for you. Spring is alive and well in grapefruit Florida and cactus Arizona. And how do I know? It's in the air. It's palpable.

The crack of the bat. The pop of the glove. The spitting. The crotch pulling. The ribbing. The hijinks. The standing around. Shagging fly balls. Covering first. Bunt drills. The cursing. The barking vendors. Men in blue. The national anthem. All those rites of spring and many more says it all: baseball is back and spring training camps are in full flower right now. Thanks be to God!

Let the games begin.

Go Cards in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment